That’s an open invitation to unlimited opportunity. We’re a place where you can choose your own adventure and take your career wherever you want.
We use simple to streamline the process, so you can get your loans through quicker and simply make more people happy. Come work at a place where you can really shine.
LIFE OF A MORTGAGE UNDERWRITING MANAGER
- Effectively manage pipeline of loans in the Closing department; ensure distribution of loans as needed based upon closing date, priorities, and workload
- Manage a team of Underwriters ensuring loans are dispositioned timely and accurately
- Ensure Underwriters are achieving all Performance Standards to include loan quality, productivity and turn times.
- Sustain Service Level Agreements (SLAs) through consistent management of pipeline management and priority setting
- Direct all aspects of the Underwriting process consistent with Loan Simples cultural standards and the fulfillment process & procedures.
- Own all areas of employee management to include hiring, training, performance management and employee engagement / employee satisfaction.
- Ensure all monthly Quality Control findings and reports are responded to in a timely fashion.
- Oversee implementation of action plans as necessary.
- Participate as a Key Leader in the Fulfillment Operation
- Communicate proactively and foster positive relationships with Sales / Sales Leadership, Vendors, peers and senior management.
- Work with internal company risk management to complete periodic program / product guideline updates as necessary.
- Drive continuous process improvement for all key performance goal areas.
- Provide underwriting insight and support to Credit Committee, Credit Risk Manager and Product Manager.
- Act as liaison with government agencies or investors to gain clarification on guidelines and resolve problems.
- Help prioritize and set daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Inspire and motivate underwriting staff to meet and exceed goals by nurturing and encouraging a more positive work environment.
- Create self-reliant employees by encouraging self-development and self-confidence making credit determinations.
- Stay abreast of all laws, regulations, and guidelines as they relate to residential mortgage lending and ensure all lending activities comply with agency and investor guidelines to minimize credit risk.
- Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
- 5+ years Mortgage Lending experience
- 5+ years Underwriting experience
- 3+ years leadership experience
- 5+ years experience working on FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, USDA, Jumbo and Non-QM programs and guidelines
- Subject matter expert in Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA, Jumbo and Non-QM underwriting requirements
- Subject matter expert in self-employed income analysis
- Experience selling loans on the Secondary Market
- Past decision authority of $1MM or greater
- Building Partnerships, Decision Making, Planning and Organization, Communication, Guiding Team Success, Driving for Results, Coaching
LIFE OF A MORTGAGE UNDERWRITER
- Accurately evaluate and underwrite loans from preapproval to final approval
- Review resubmissions for accuracy
- Communicate with loan processors and loan officers per service standards
- Assist in identifying or recommending alternative financing solution
- Respond to quality control audits and post-closing issues in a timely manner
- Working knowledge of Conventional, FHA, USDA and VA and non-QM guidelines.
- Minimum of 5 years of recent Conventional/FHA/USDA underwriting experience
- FHA DE (must have active CHUMS)
- VA SAR/LAPP designation a plus
- Working knowledge of DU, LP and GUS
- Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently, in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate with Brokers and provide best in class customer service
- Strong desire to learn and begin a long-term career with the right company
- Must be a solutions-oriented team player who is able to effectively communicate with all involved parties.
- Working knowledge of Encompass is a plus
- Your awesome. You like to be yourself. You’re a people person with a tendency to always see the glass half full. You are totally down with keeping things simple.
LIFE OF A MORTGAGE PROCESSOR
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) regarding Loan Simples policies, procedures, products, promotions and technology
- Manages multi-state pipeline of loans
- Conducts daily review and follow-up with customers and vendors regarding outstanding items;gather necessary documentation as needed
- Responds to business partners' e-mails, questions and phone calls
- Communicates to Processing Manager if unable to achieve a timeline or to resolve an error
- Escalates any fraud files to Risk Management Leadership Team
- Manages key dates, for example, lock expiration, contingency date, contract date, credit doc expiration, ECOA, MDIA and other compliance related dates
- Performs data entry to update all internal computer systems and loan files with notes regarding all actions that affect the loan in accordance with company requirements
- Maintains contact with customer to provide status updates
- Reviews fees for accuracy
- Reviews title reports, payoffs, appraisals, income documents, hazard insurance, and all supporting conditions for required standard compliance prior to underwriter resubmission
- Provides customer and closing agent necessary requirements for completion of loan closing
- Coordinates scheduling of loan closings with customer and closing agent
- Attends regular pipeline meetings and system training updates
- 3+ years Mortgage Lending experience
- 3+ years Processing experience
- 3+ years experience working on FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, USDA, Jumbo and Non-QM programs and guidelines
- Thorough understanding and practical application of processing, compliance, investor products, and underwriting guidelines
- Strong ability to work in a consistently high-pressure, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Provide timely support to the team when challenges arise
- Participate in Client calls with team members as needed to discuss closing process and pipeline
- Provide ongoing support and training for the team and timely address performance concerns
- Encompass experience a plus
- You're awesome. You like to be yourself. You're a people person with a tendency to always see the glass half full. You are totally down with keeping things simple.